Life is like a quilt

Life is like a quilt
Small pieces combine for a masterpiece

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Conclusion and Self Assessment

I have learned so much since January.  I am proud of my new skills and I am glad to share them with the other teachers in my school.  I understand there remains a great deal for me to learn, but the new skills I need to learn hold much less stress and awe.  I feel much more prepared to incorporate technology into our school. I am taking several classes  this summer to keep up with the new technology that is out there.  I also plan to do the professional development exercises from the text I did not get a chance to complete during the semester.  I am planning on implementing a 23 things site for our school to help the other teachers and my self be more up to date and tech savvy.  I talked to my principal and I am on the professional development calendar for the beginning of the year so I can take time to show the teachers how to set up the projector to the lap top, how to use the scanner- copier we have as well as the white board we found in the security room.  i will show teachers how to use the database the district pays for to help the children do research safely and I will collect a list of sites  to find free materials and teaching tools.  I have ordered another ELMO machine and we ordered another COW (Computers on Wheels)  for next year.  I am requesting that the technology people install the software so we can use the pod casts for teaching science vocabulary.  This has been a great class and professional exercise for me I look forward to learning more in the technology field.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you Edna. This semester has been very instructional, and I feel like I have learned so much, as well. It surprises me though, since this is only the second class in a line up of eight classes, so it only seems logical that there is so much more information for us to learn. With everything that we learn, we will definitely be able to help others who lack the knowledge in the school districts. I simply can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edna,
    I, too, have learned more than I ever thought I didn't know during this class! I often wish I had more time to explore the new technology I am encountering. I will be excited to read about your 23Things project during the next school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of things out there, it will always be a challenge to keep up. To stay on top of these things will require us to do as we always must, become life long learners. At least we have feeds we can follow along with now.

    ReplyDelete